Friday, July 18, 2008

Line Jumper?

Ok, this is a bit off topic for the blog, but I'm interested in people's opinions. Jer and I just went to see "The Dark Knight" (it's great, you should see it) and our theater has the ticket window outside the building. I bought our tickets before hand, but had to pick them up at the window.

There is one of those rope maze thingies outside the ticket window and if no one is in line, we normally bypass the maze and go straight to the window. Today as we approached there was a woman with about four kids winding through the maze. They weren't to the front when the teller called for the next person, so I went and handed her my card to get the tickets.

Mom didn't like this and she started griping to me about cutting in line. I asked her what she wanted me to do, quit what I was doing so she could go? She said yeah, I should go to the back of the line. As the teller handed me the tickets I said they were prepaid and she didn't lose her spot then we walked off. It took about 30 seconds for the whole incident.

Jeremy thought the whole thing was funny. I don't think I was in the wrong, but only because I was just picking up tickets. So is there a difference? Here's the sticky part, if we had been purchasing tickets, I would have done the maze thing. Is this a grey area, or is line cutting line cutting no matter what the circumstance.

Oh, and this is just another instance where Jeremy and I are out and some woman comes up and starts yelling at me. Jeremy never jumps in; he says I can handle myself. Don't ask about the Wal-Mart parking lot.

(Jer just asked me if I wanted any watermelon. I said yes and he handed me HIS bowl. Is that wrong? Offer me some, but not my own, just a bite or two of his? guh.)

3 comments:

nerdbomber said...

I offered you the first bite with a clean spoon.GEEBUS.-J-

Cyndi said...

lol geebus. hahahaha

You're not a line jumper. That lady's just a confrontationist.

bunzi said...

it sucks to get yelled at by a stranger..

you should of called her a nerd. haha that's what i did when a girl threw a softball at me because i sucked. (years ago...)